The .NET Code Catto has some brilliant pages to help you prepare for the 70-515 .NET web applications exam
he doesn’t even have one good blog entry but there are quite a few. What I found most useful is the layout of the information, it helps keep the exam in mind all the time by focusing on what you are being tested on.
This is an extract of one of the pages but there are some other posts which are probably more useful
1 Developing Web Forms Pages (19%)
- 1.1 Configure Web Forms pages.
- 1.2 Implement master pages & themes.
- 1.3 Implement globalization.
- 1.4 Handle page life cycle events.
- 1.5 Implement caching.
- 1.6 Manage state.
2 Developing and Using Web Forms Controls (18%)
- 2.1 Validate user input.
- 2.2 Create page layout.
- 2.3 Implement user controls.
- 2.4 Implement server controls.
- 2.5 Manipulate user interface controls from code-behind.
3 Implementing Client-Side Scripting and AJAX (16%)
- 3.2 Alter a page dynamically by manipulating the DOM.
- 3.4 Implement ASP.NET AJAX.
- 3.5 Implement AJAX by using jQuery.
- 4.1 Configure authentication & authorization.
- 4.2 Configure providers.
- 4.3 Create and configure HttpHandlers and HttpModules.
- 4.4 Configure initialization and error handling.
- 4.5 Reference and configure ASMX and WCF services.
- 4.6 Configure projects and solutions, and reference assemblies.
- 4.7 Debug a Web application.
- 4.8 Deploy a Web application.
5 Displaying and Manipulating Data (19%)
- 5.1 Implement data-bound controls.
- 5.2 Implement DataSource controls.
- 5.3 Query and manipulate data by using LINQ.
- 5.4 Create and consume a data service.
- 5.5 Create and configure a Dynamic Data project.
6 Developing a Web Application by Using ASP.NET MVC 2 (13%)
- 6.1 Create custom routes.
- 6.2 Create controllers & actions.
- 6.3 Structure an ASP.NET MVC application.
- 6.4 Create and customize views.