This is a page where I will put links to My Hosk CRM Developer articles.
The CRM Developer articles are not usually technical how to’s, bugs or workaround but usually more focused on best practices and other aspects of CRM Development
Read these articles it will make your CRM Developer skills stronger
CRM Developer Articles
- CRM Developers need Passion
- The pain of setting up CRM Dev environments
- Why CRM Developers should always start with the CRM SDK
- How to create realistic Test Data for your CRM Project and why you should
- Why understanding abstractions can help you write better code
- Understanding levels of abstraction can improve your code design
- CRM 2015 – How to diagnose plugin errors
- CRM 2015 – Understanding impersonation in plugins and knowing when to use it
- How to find classes
- Are CRM Developers are afraid of creating classes?
- Don’t let bugs get into production environments
- CRM 2015 – CRM developers should think in Entities
- Are your CRM plugins creating technical debt?
- Unit tests are a vital part of emerging code design
- Good coding practices – Information hiding
- Information to Get started with Unit Testing with Microsoft Fakes and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
- Don’t just test the happy path
- What’s slowing down your CRM development?
- Why CRM Developers should unit test their code
- Why all developers should be friends with a cardboard developer
- Bad code is like a virus, don’t get infected
- How to cope when you are out of your Developer comfort zone
- Why your CRM code and customizations should be simple
- Why rushed projects/code doesn’t save time and reduces quality
- The problems with complex code and complex CRM Customizations
- The Frustrations of a CRM Developer
- Why .NET developers struggle with CRM Development
- Recommended Books for Developers
- 12 Ways to become a better CRM Developer
- Why Code Readability is important
- You are not the end user
- CRM 2011/2013 Investigating CRM Form Performance issues
- Should you keep up with Microsoft Dynamics CRM release cycle?
- CRM Developers don’t know what they don’t know!
- CRM 2015 SDK – Why you should read the What’s new for developers
Hosk CRM Dev Tips
CRM Code examples
- CRM 2015/CRM2013 – JavaScipt to get the current users name
- CRM 2013 – How to get guid of initiating record in CustomWorkflow
- CRM 2013 – Step by Step Update Plugin Tutorial using the CRM 2013 Development Toolkit
- CRM 2013 – Setting up Visual Studio with the Developer Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- CRM 2013 – Plugins – Simple update plugin – Redeploying, improving and updating
- CRM 2013 Plugin – Step by Step guide for a Post Account Create Plugin using the Developer Toolkit
- CRM 2015 – Quick way to navigate to your User record
- CRM 2015/2013 – All you need to know about Database Encryption
- CRM 2015 – The benefits of Access Teams
- What’s new in CRM 2016 and why you should read the preview guide
- CRM 2013 – What is the WRPC Token and resolving INVALID_WRPC_TOKEN errors
- CRM 2015 – How to decompile a plugin Assembly (DLL)
- Microsoft Cloud Certification could allow complex CRM solutions to go online
- Testing CRM rollups and .NET versions
- CRM 2015 – how to find Statecode value
- CRM Plugins – Stopping infinite loops and understanding PluginExecutionContext.Depth
- CRM 2015 – plugin deployment options
- CRM 2013 – How to stop these annoying things in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- CRM 2013 – Disabling a subgrid
- What are the limitations of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and how do you work with them?
- CRM 2013 – Managed solution problems with out of sync solutions
- CRM 2015 – Understanding CRM Metadata
- CRM 2015 – Typescript is ready to go, definition files available on NuGet
- CRM 2013 – Understanding Status and Status Reason – think before deleting them
- CRM 2015 – Why filtered views are useful
- CRM 2013 – When should you create a custom activity entity?
- You can’t import a CRM 2011 solution into CRM 2015
- CRM Entity ownership – How do you decide?
- CRM 2013 – Why are access teams marooned?
- Understanding sandboxed plugins
- Why the advanced find is a CRM Developers best friend
- Tips on how to become a CRM MVP from CRM MVP’S
- Tips to boost your career in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Good CRM design should not make users think
- Should you hire a Rockstar developer for your CRM project?
A list and review of CRM 2013 tools, this will probably work in CRM 2015 as well
All the CRM 2013 content to help you pass the exam