CRM 2011 – How to increase the records per page to more than 250 rows

I had an unusual problem today, I wanted to delete 3000 accounts which I had imported into a test organisation (to import them again without the missing data)

I thought I would do this using the advanced find but I could only delete 250 at a time.  So I decided to increase the row limit.  Unfortunatly there is no way to do this using the system so you have to adjust the setting on the SQL database table directly.  This is obviously unsupported so I would definetly think carefully about doing this on a customer site, also if you extended this value you will be retreiving more rows of data when using CRM and this will put more strain on the SQL server.

What I am saying is if you were to change this value for some end users CRM might start to work slower because you will be retrieving more records when you are viewing accounts, contacts, orders etc in CRM.

you need to open SQL Server Management Studio and then create a new query for the organisation database


here is the sql you need to run

SELECT SystemUserId, FullName FROM SystemUser WHERE FullName = 'your name'
SELECT SystemUserId, FullName FROM SystemUser WHERE FullName = 'Ben Hosking'

then you use the guid value you have just retrieved and run the sql below
UPDATE UserSettings SET PagingLimit = WHERE SystemUserId = ''

UPDATE UserSettings SET PagingLimit=1000 WHERE SystemUserId = '2A01D976-322E-E011-9645-00155D106B02'

You can set back the rows returned by using CRM and going into


and then on the General tab you can set the Records per page

7 thoughts on “CRM 2011 – How to increase the records per page to more than 250 rows

  1. graceyg June 22, 2011 / 10:23 am

    The bulk delete features in CRM 2011 is handy for this type of request & is the primary way to achieve this when using MS CRM Online 2011.


  2. Shai Bar-Lev June 22, 2011 / 12:08 pm

    To delete import records you can go to settings->data management->imports find and select or open the import you want to delete, and then you have 3 options:
    1. Delete import source file
    2. Delete all records imported to this entity during this import
    3. Delete all records from the .zip file (in case of multi files imports)


  3. Michael Anderson July 17, 2012 / 11:44 pm

    Worked like a charm, Thanks!!


  4. Daniël September 30, 2015 / 12:16 pm

    Setting the paging limit to 1000 will cause an issue. I am not completely sure what it was, but it had to do something about customizations and/or web services. But when you set tha paging limit to 999 there is no issue at all.


  5. Mordock October 28, 2015 / 5:59 pm

    This is not working for me. It is staying at whatever it was set at before, even if I log off and log back on to CRM. Is there some service that needs to be restarted to get it to re-read the database? I even went to another computer that had never been logged into CRM to make sure that it wasn’t something cached on my desktop (cookie). I am accessing CRM directly, not via Outlook.

    I have verified that the correct field is being updated, I have seen it change from 50 to 1000 when I changed the database and then back to 250 when I changed it in the options in CRM. I also changed it from 250 to 50 in the database and it had no effect, it was still the 250 that I set in the options page. In fact what it was showing in the Options page did not change.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    BTW, I am trying to delete e-mail queue items from a queue with 42 Million entries. Bulk delete does not delete the associated email and activity when deleting the queue item. Using the delete option on the page does, which is what I want. So bulk delete won’t work for me without a way more knowledge of how all the tables tie together so that I can use bulk delete to delete all of the associated entries in multiple runs of the program.


    • Mordock October 28, 2015 / 7:21 pm

      After some experimentation, I found that I had to do an IISReset on the Dynamics CRM server (as Administrator) to get the number to change.

      I also found that the delete operation would fail if there were more than 288 items selected. It gave a 404 error if it was over 288 up to some number that I did not bother to determine, but at some point it changed to a “A microsoft dynamics crm window was unable to open and may be blocked by a pop-up blocker” error that was totally confusing.

      So I set the PageLimit at 288, better than 250, but not what I had hoped for.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.