This blog post gives tips on passing the MB2-707 certification, the real value of the certification isn’t the certification itself but what you learn to get it.
I created this blog post for the CRM 2013 customization and config certification
I recommend you read the blog post above, this post will concentrate on CRM 2015 version.
Why should you take the certification
I have written about why you should get Microsoft Dynamics CRM certifications before
Here are a few points
- It’s a great method to learn the out of the box/inbuilt functionality in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. The first tool a CRM developer should use to deliver request features is out of the box Dynamics CRM functionality. The out of the box functionality works and has been thoroughly tested by Microsoft (most of the time).
- Out of the box functionality is quicker to create and is easier to maintain.
- Study for customization and config certification is a great way to learn new functionality added in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Certification gives you a deadline to motivate you to learn
- MONEY, a certification is something to take into your yearly review.
Understand the new functionality
I have taken the Microsoft Dynamics CRM customization and config certification for
- CRM 4
- CRM 2011
- CRM 2013
- CRM 2015
The exams historically have many questions on the new functionality added in each release. The major new features added into CRM 2015 are
- Rollup and calculated fields
- Business Process flows
- Business Rules (enhanced)
- Hierarchy Visualization
- Search multiple entities
- Enhanced Mobile
This blog Dynamics CRM 2015 / 2013 New Feature Summary has a quick list of new features
This doesn’t mean you should ignore older functionality, you need to study all the areas in the certification criteria
If you work for a company who has PartnerSource I would recommend you use the study material provided by Microsoft which is free for PartnerSource members. I found a link here
Course 80665: Customization and Configuration in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and On Premise [eLearning]
The eLearning provided by Microsoft is the best study resource because it’s focused on the customization and config certification.
I created articles, questions and videos I have created for the CRM 2013 customization and configuration certification
Most of the content is still relevant for CRM 2015 – MB2-707 exam, you will need to make notes on the new functionality added into CRM 2015.
Make notes and use Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Don’t just read information for the exam, make notes and use a free CRM trial to try out the new functionality.
- This helps you learn how the functionality works. It will help you remember it for the exam.
- My trying the functionality you get practical knowledge, not just theoretical
When I study for CRM certifications I make bullet point lists of what the functionality can do. I use the list to revise and create YES/NO questions and multiple choice to help me study.
Here are my security exam cram notes
A different method is to go through the skills measured in the certification criteria and highlight the functionality you need to study. Find blogs, articles and white papers and make notes. I did this but got bored
Other Blogs information
There isn’t much information but here are a few blogs
- CRM 2015 Customization Exam MB2-707
- MB2-707 Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customization and Configuration
- MB2: 707 – Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customization and Configuration
Good luck to anybody taking the exam