I was trying to fix a small bug but I was getting bogged down with the business logic (which I didn’t need/want to change) on the form.
The problem was there was lots of business logic which kept disabling the fields I wanted to change.
So it’s time for a bit of off the cuff hacking
I loaded the form
Press F12 to bring up the debugger window
You can use the console to manipulate the fields and enable/disable certain fields.
You have access to the CRM JavasScript objects
So I used the Xrm.Page, selected the control (not the field attribute) and did a setDisabled(false); which enables the control.
So I used the console to do a Ribbon Refresh
Fantastic, now my field was enabled and the ribbon button was enabled and ready to be pressed.
The blog post below created a God Button, which enables all fields
This blog post will talk you through the logic and is the first part in a series of blog posts on the subject