I still wasn’t sure where/what the problem was.
I pressed F12 to bring up the debugger and this was bring up a syntax error
I turned on fiddler and found on one of the calls I was getting a nasty red triangle on one of the calls.
The thing which kept bugging me was it was a syntax error
I fired up the Visual Ribbon Editor for CRM 2011/2013
In the Visual Ribbon Editor here you have display rules, enable rules and action.
There was no disable rule
Syntax error, ribbon load…..hmmmmm
Look at the two rules, although I’m not showing you the actual file, look at the position of the library and the function boxes!
Finally after hours and dragging more eyes to the problem, my colleague found the problem by exporting the Ribbon xml, hazaaar the problem was obvious
The library and function values from the enable rule had been copied into the action rule, only this didn’t work because the function and library boxes are in different places.
Ribbon object not found
A new day a new ribbon problem. Today on one of the forms the ribbon wasn’t loading and I was getting an error
SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property Ribbon ‘value’ of undefined or null reference
The first thing I checked was to see if the function and library values were correct, they were.