I knew it would happen but I have finally run out of CRM MVP’s willing to answer my questions. Luckily I have lined up a future CRM MVP (in my opinion) Guide Preite who has earned at least two MCC awards. We get some answers from the boot shaped Italy, where incidentally I went on my honeymoon but not with Guido 🙂
If you don’t know what an MCC award is, I shall let Microsoft explain
1. Name, current job title and social media links please
Dynamics CRM Developer
2. What does an average day at work look like
Writing code, customer support, developing demo and internal tools.
3. What different roles/Job titles have you had whilst using CRM
4. What job did you did before you starting using CRM
I used to be a PHP/MySQL developer, but I always liked and used Microsoft languages (I started with QuickBasic 4.5)
5. What was the first version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM you worked with and how long have you been using Microsoft Dynamics CRM
CRM 4.0 – I use Dynamics CRM since 2010
6. How do you stay up to date with the CRM
It’s not easy because Dynamics CRM is a huge platform, I check often Twitter and I mark the interesting tweets as favorite so I can read them later.
7. How do you find time to contribute to the CRM community whilst doing your job
I like to read the questions, I’m curious about the problems encountered in real CRM implementations, and if I can help, why not?
8. What advice would you give to someone who wants to have a successful career in Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
The obvious one: to use the product every day
9. What where your first impressions of CRM 2013 and what do you think now.
“Change is always positive” is one of my mantras and I apply it to CRM as well. I like the new UI, but under the hood several things still need to be improved.
10. What one feature would you add to CRM 2013
OOB read audit (who read what and when)
11. Most annoying feature of CRM 2013
Labels fade if the text is too long, it’s very annoying for some customers
12. You favourite 2 CRM blogs (I have filled the first one in for you)
1. Hosks Dynamic CRM blog
2. http://niiranen.eu/crm/ Surviving CRM by MVP Jukka Niiranen
13. What year will Microsoft Dynamics CRM have more customers than Sales force
14. Are you doing more CRM projects with CRM online? Do you think it will all be online in the future
CRM Online projects are the majority. I think On Premise will still be relevant for several years.
15. What is the best tool/solution you have used recently
Role Updater (it’s inside XrmToolbox)
16. What CRM certifications do you have, do you try and keep up to date with CRM certifications
CRM 2011: Customization & Configuration, Extending
CRM 2013: Customization & Configuration
I have a love-hate relationship with CRM certifications, currently I’m preparing CRM 2011 Applications.
17. How important is it to have good business analytical skills working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Fundamental, a lack of analytical skills can easily screw up a project
18. How useful is it to have programming knowledge to become a good Microsoft Dynamics CRM Professional?
I’m a developer so you can guess my angle, but I think a basic programming knowledge is a must-have for a Dynamics CRM Professional.
19. What knowledge/experience do you have with software/systems which integrate with Microsoft Dynamics CRM e.g. (sharepoint, SQL Server, Scribe, Etc)
SQL Server, CWR Mobility, a bit of Sharepoint and NAV.
20. How often do you travel as a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Professional?
A few days a year, most to attend conferences or teach courses.
21. Can you see yourself not using CRM in your career in the future
No, CRM is for end users, and we are all end users.
22. What is favourite part of being a CRM MCC
The MCC star badge from Dynamics Community, who doesn’t like badges? 🙂
23. What are your hobbies outside of CRM
I watch tons of TV Series (it’s a good way to improve my English) and I am a big fan of F.C. Internazionale
24. What was the last book you read and what was the last film you watched
Book: “Unions” written by Robert Musil
Movie: “The Hunt” directed by Thomas Vinterberg
25. Has CRM ever got you in trouble with your partner/family.
Sometimes 🙂 my wife is ready to go out and I reply to her “wait a sec, I need to reply to this question”
26. Have you friends ever told you to stop talking/tweeting/blogging about CRM?
27. What does your partner/family member(s) think of CRM
They see I’m passionate about CRM, it’s enough for them
28. Tell me something interesting/unusual about yourself
The movie Chungking Express changed my life, I watched it more than 12 times
29. Who is the first CRM MVP you remember reading/seeing
Jim Wang (http://jianwang.blogspot.com)
30. Tips for someone who wants to become a CRM MCC
Often a question has been asked before: try to avoid link-only answers adding a brief introduction/explanation, it’s important to know also the cause, not only the solution.
Quickfire questions (choose one option and no explanation)
Steve Jobs or Bill Gates
Certifications or Use CRM
twerking or tweeting
books or ebooks
save or autosave
OnLine or On Premise
Windows 7/Windows 8/Linux/Mac/Other
work from home or work from office
work from home
Miley Cyrus or Billy Ray Cyrus
No thanks, I am European
Zero Inbox/Overflowing Inbox
Early Bird/Night Owl
Do Today/Do Tomorrow
CRM Developer/CRM Consultant
Hot Weather/Cold Weather
Half Full/Half Empty