a new rollup for CRM 2011 has been rolled out today and now before you all go rushing off to install it. I would remind you best practices regarding rollups is to stay one rollup behind, this is to help ensure you don’t install a rollup for then someone to find a great big bug in it.
Unless there is a fix you need urgently of course.
It’s good to see CRM 2011 is now compatible with IE 11
First things first here is the download link
Microsoft add an Important Note which you can see on the kb article – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2915687
important Note: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 17 is compatible with Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11. This includes the following supported configurations.
- The web application running in Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1 or Windows 7.
- CRM for Outlook when you run Office 2013 on Windows 8.1.
I would also note there is a hotfix which needs a bit of manual wangling, text taken from KB article
- When you attempt to deploy a mailbox rule using the forward mailbox rule deployment wizard, with a split deployment for Exchange 2010 where your mailbox servers are not client access servers, you receive an error: Failed to access the default store for the user.
- On the Email Router machine, you must create a new String value Key named “CASServerName” in the path HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMEmail.
- Enter the NetBIOS name of one of the Exchange CAS servers.
There is a lot of fixes in this rollup, so go to the KB article to see if there is a particularly bug that is fixed. I couldn’t see anything to get really excited about, apart from IE 11 support and maybe CRM 2011 won’t crash as often.