- Create and Customize Solutions (10-15 percent)
- Customize Entities and Entity Relationships (10-15 percent)
- Customize Fields (10-15 percent)
- Manage Forms (10-15 percent)
- Manage Views (10-15 percent)
- Create and Customize Charts and Dashboards (10-15 percent)
- Manage Security (10-15 percent)
- Manage Business Processes and Rules (10-15 percent)
HA, don’t be fooled the exam is still hard, you need to get 70 percent that isn’t many you can get wrong You will need to know the topics in exact detail, this means you will need to revise and be able to answer precise questions. Roughly knowing the answer won’t be good enough because in most questions there will be two possible answers which could be right What I am basically saying is you will have to study and revise so the knowledge is
Make sure you know what is going to appear on the certification, look at this document regularly and make sure you have revised and tried out all the functionality http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam.aspx?id=mb2-703
CRM 2013 Trial
The best way to learn about features and functionaity in the exam is get stuck in and try it. I have even made a video to walk you through getting a CRM 2013 setup. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRSyOEt-MUQ
If I were to use only one source material to study for the exam, then the MOC above would be it, it goes through all the functionality that will appear in the exam. It has examples and tasks, not to mention practice questions. I think you have to work for a Microsoft partner
MB2-866 study notes from mscrmgeek.com by Buddy Guido took the exam and he has given some hints and tips to me and everyone, he also has a link to the study notes from mscrmgeek.com.
The study notes are very useful, 46 pages of good notes about the CRM 2011 Customization and Configuration exam. http://www.crmanswers.net/2014/01/crm-2013-mb2-703-exam-my-experience.html
The “Overview” and “Skill Measured” sections give you a good summary of the exam, and clarify the targets. Because this exam is the natural evolution of the CRM 2011 version and several concepts are still the same, I studied again the MB2-866 study notes from mscrmgeek.com (the site is currently offline, so I made a doc from the google cache and shared here: http://sdrv.ms/1bzq6Ny)
Notes From Dynamics CRM Chat
This blog has a great page on what you need to know to pass the exam and then some very detailed and free notes helping you study for the certification.
CRM SDK 2013 – Customizing CRM – Entities, forms, dashboards, views
Solutions – FROM CRM SDK
CRM SDK Solutions
The Exam will focus on new features in CRM
Access Teams White Paper
Good blog from powerobjects
Business Process Flow
Describes business process flows in CRM 2013 and how to use them in your custom solutions
Quick Create forms
Hosk CRM 2011 – Exam Cram Notes Finally I have some study notes I made for the CRM 2011 Configuration and Customization exam, these notes are not detailed but for the final revision stage of the exam, they are basically exam cram notes My exam notes will show you the detailed knowledge you will need for the exam because any of the information below could appear in the exam.
- a maximum of 2 columns can be used to sort a view
- The CRM Administrator can see everything
- Audit logs management is done by a system job
- decimal precision is set on each currency attribute AND in system settings
- Connection roles, security roles, optionsets, Web Resources, templates, field security profiles are all included in Solutions
- editing CRM website files is unsupported
- Auditing is enabled in System settings and then for each individual entity
- business units can have separate security roles, even with the same name!
- When assigned a security role to a user, the choice is filtered by business unit and the security roles in that business unit
- Disabling a business unit (and child business units) will mean all the users in that business unit won’t be able to login to CRM.
- Teams have security roles (this can affect which form is used)
- moving business units is done by changing the business units parent
- Managed solutions cannot be exported
- unManaged solutions can be exported
- Managed solutions can be deleted, this will delete the solution and all the entities and data
- Managed solutions can’t be changed or altered, except by the publisher/owner
- There are privileges needed to import a solution and publish it.
- Managed solutions use managed properties
- Managed solutions automatically publish on import, unmanaged solutions have to be published
- when you delete an un-managed solution you are only deleted the solution file, all the changes stay.
- To add 3d effects or modify charts you need to export the chart, change the XML and then import it.
- Optionsets can be used by many entities
- Many to Many relationships can be either Manual or Native
- Native many to many (N:N) is done automatically by CRM (it creates the intersect entity but hides it)
- Manual Many to Many relationships are done manually an entity to sit between the two entities and have a 1 to many relationship with them both.
- Custom fields can be used for field level security
- built in fields cannot be used for field level security
- Each form has a fallback form
- A Teams security role can influence what form is used
- Queue functionality cannot be unticked once it has been ticked
- Relationships – Cascade active – assigns active entities
- Relationships – Cascade all – assigns all entities
- Primary keys, created by, creation on, modified on cannot be audited
- Find columns are set in the Quick Find view for entities
- Business required fields don’t have to have a value if they are not included on a form
- importing data does not go through the same validation (e.g. business required) because validation is done only on the forms.
- an entity can only have one 1:M (one to many) parental relationship
- Display option must be filled in for Many to Many relationships
- WEB RESOURCE – Silverlight XAP
- WEB RESOURCE – Web page HTML
- WEB RESOURCE – Script (JSCRIPT)
- WEB RESOURCE – Data (XML)
- WEB RESOURCE – Style Sheet (XSL)
- WEB RESOURCE – graphics – JPG, PNG, GIF
- Mapping fields must be the same type
- mapping optionset values must be the same
- APPEND – the entity you want to append
- APPEND TO – The entity have things appended to it
- fields used in reports do not create a dependency and can be deleted