When I saw there was another CRM rollup and it was called rollup 10 I had a sense of deja vu about the rollup, in fact I was pretty sure I had installed Rollup 10.
after a bit of digging around I have found Microsoft have released a updated version of the rollup (why not call it rollup 11!) because users have been experiencing problems.
Firstly if you want to know detailed information rather than the summary or juicy bits then go to the link below
Update Rollup 10 for on-premises CRM servers and CRM Outlook clients was released on August 16th, 2012. The estimate for Update Rollup 10 release date for CRM Online customers is on the week starting on October 8th, 2012 .
Update Rollup 10 contains all the hotfixes that were originally scheduled to be released with Update Rollup 9, which has since been cancelled due to the changes in the release schedule for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Q2 2012 Update functionality .
Due to several issues experienced by users who deployed the initial Update Rollup 10 (build number 5.0.9690.2730), Microsoft re-released Update Rollup 10 on October 4th, 2012. The new version (build number 5.0.9690.2740) replaced the original UR10 files on Microsoft Download Center. Read the post regarding the re-release on the Dynamics CRM in the Field blog.
- Many performance and stability-related fixes, including in total 30 hotfixes related to the CRM Client for Microsoft Outlook
- Quick Find performance optimizations and EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization (ERMO) SQL query performance optimizations
- Summary on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM blog
- Details available in the updated whitepaper “Optimizing and Maintaining a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Server Infrastructure” (download link / MSDN )
- Examples of performance improvement in tests scenarios documented by Christopher Cognetta
- Compatibility with new and upcoming products from Microsoft
So I think this would be a good release to install if you have any users on Windows 8 and definitely if you installed the original Rollup 10.