One of the benefits of using CRM 2011 is utilizing CRM 2011 inside the outlook client, which makes tracking emails and appointments for CRM records quick and easy.
Before you can get these benefits you need to install the CRM Outlook Add in. I have found some great resources on the subject.
I would say installing the outlook client for CRM 2011 is quite a straightforward process, although it can be a little bit tricky if it’s on citrix or terminal services because I think you have to install it but turn off the configuring choices by default.
Here is a guide to installing outlook for CRM Online
Here is a link to download the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Outlook client
on here it has the system requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook can be installed on computers that have any combination of the following:
Windows operating systems:
- Windows 7 (both 64-bit and 32-bit versions)
- Windows Vista (both 64-bit and 32-bit versions)
- Windows XP with SP3
- Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003 when running with Remote Desktop Services (formerly Terminal Services)
- Microsoft Office 2010 (32 or 64-bit versions)
- Microsoft Office 2007 (32-bit versions)
- Microsoft Office 2003 SP3 (32-bit versions)
Below are some videos which go through the process of installing the Outlook Client for CRM 2011
This first one is good because it goes through the pre requisite requirements.
Session 1 – Installing the Outlook client for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
Installing the CRM 2011 Outlook Client