I am currently studying for the CRM 2011 Customization and configuration exam
I have gone through the online training courses, which I find very useful for the exams.
Study for the CRM certifications is quite a useful way to learn in more detail about the new features in each CRM version because the new features are always added into the exam. I also learn things I didn’t realise or perhaps when you read and study for an exam you look at CRM 2011 in a different way or from a different perspective.
I previously passed the CRM 4 version of this, so I have particularly been focusing on the new features
Configuring Auditing (9 percent)
- This objective may include: identifying actions that are audited; turning on auditing; setting auditing at the field level; selecting entities to be audited; implementing partitions
- Audit data and permissions.
- This objective may include: granting permission to configure auditing
Manage the audit log.
- This objective may include: examining the log; testing a customized form
Implementing a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Solution (13 percent)
Implement, import, and export solutions.
- This objective may include: managed solutions; unmanaged solutions; importing errors; importing logs; importing and exporting appropriate system settings
Update a managed solution.
- This objective may include: configuring and implementing managed properties in solution
Managing Users & Teams and Security (15 percent)
Apply entity-based and task-based privileges.
- This objective may include: differentiating between the two types of privileges
Apply the five types of access levels within the security roles.
- This objective may include: differentiating between the five types of access levels
- Create and configure new security roles.
- This objective may include: copying privileges and access levels from existing security roles; applying security roles to specific business units; assigning security roles to teams
Manage customization permissions.
- This objective may include: identifying the security rights necessary to customize Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Manage field security profiles.
- This objective may include: creating security profiles; managing field permissions
Create and maintain user accounts in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- This objective may include: adding single users; adding multiple users; identifying characteristics associated with each user licensing option; adding users to roles
Create and maintain teams of users.
- This objective may include: creating teams; adding users to teams
So far studying for this exam has been a lot easier than studying for the applications exam, the exam is a lot more focused. I am also customizing CRM on a daily basis.