I like to see what useful tools are being created and there have been some fantastic ones, my favourite is the sitemapeditor
In CRM 4 there use to be an excellent tool which created some intellisense for you but I haven’t found anything which is really useful for CRM 2011.
Now it took me a while to work out how to get this working, these are the instructions
How to generate it:
- Edit the provided sample.jsconfig file.
- Update CrmServer to use the correct server and org.
- Set the JsDirectory to be the folder where your script files are located.
- Add an Entity node for the entity form that you will be working on
- EntityName is required and needs to be the schema name
- Run the JSModelGenerator.exe
<Entity EntityName=”contact” FileName=”contact.js” />
I quite like this solution because I can now quickly find all the fields on a form and it’s quick and easy to run