I had a very frustrating last few hours, I was having a date format error with the connector.
I was mapping Job to Contract and Job Planning Line to Contract Line.
The Job to contract was working perfectly and the dates coming across without any problems, unless I had forgotten to a put a date in.
Then when I was doing the planning line to Contract line I was getting odd date format errors. I couldn’t understand why the dates were not always working.
I thought it might be the fact that CRM was in a US date format and NAV was in UK.
I then tried to hard code the date but even this was working, now I was really stumped.
I remember reading about a development team who had a card board cut out called Alan. When they were having problems and were stuck or extremely frustrated they would get Alan the cardboard cut out and then talk and walk him through the problem they were having. This action of explaining the problem to someone would often help the developer to understand the problem and find out they were doing something stupid.
unfortunately or perhaps fortunately I had a colleague working with me who said add that contract line in CRM.
When I tried to do this I then found out that CRM complained about the date, hmmm maybe this isn’t a date format problem.
I then realised that I had been putting in developer date e.g. a load of random key presses to get rough values into boxes.
What I was basically trying to do was put in a start and end date outside of the Contract start and end dates.
So the problem was nothing to do with the connector and down to me putting in random dates.
It can be tricky to think problems are always because of the connector but when you have data which isn’t syncing then you should check you can put the date in CRM or NAV to see that it’s actually valid.