The default functionality in CRM 2011 Outlook client doesn’t allow you to CRM folders to the favourites section. This is quite annoying because the CRM folders are held way down the bottom and can take a bit of time to navigate to.
There is a KB article from Microsoft which gives instructions on how to do this
It does involve changing registry settings for Outlook so be careful when doing it and make sure you back up the originally registry setting.
Here are the instructions
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient.
- Right-click MSCRMClient, point to New, and then select DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Enter DisableSolutionsModule as the name.
- Right-click the DisableSolutionsModule REG_DWORD subkey, select Modify, and then set the valueto 1.
- Exit and then restart Outlook.
Then you will be able see any CRM folders in your favourites