Having recently passed the Sure Step 2010 certification, I was slightly worried when I saw Sure Step 2012 has been launched (not to mention we are still in 2011).
The most difficult part of using Sure Step is starting to use it, it takes a bit of time to get use to the document names and types but it is well worth the effort.
So it was with some interest I read about a new version of Sure Step, a future version.
I read about this on the this blog
The new functionality can be summed up here
- Accelerated Proof of Concept with CRM Online service – Provides scripts, demos, Delivery Guide, and related content for building a quick proof of concept or demo for a customer using the CRM Online 30-day trial. This supports rapid requirements definition and solution decision-making. Find this in the Decision Accelerator offering.
- Upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 – tools and templates to support the Upgrade project type, reflecting an Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 upgrade scenario.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Implementation tools and templates are updated to reflect an Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 implementation scenario, including Fit/Gap analysis worksheet, estimator tool, requirements questionnaire, security configuration requirements template, and other valuable templates.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Updates – new CRM artifacts including Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Upgrade Assessment, Database Sizing Tool, and Design Best Practices.
- Sure Step Optimization Offering – These services have been repackaged across all products to represent either discrete stand-alone services such as Developer Workshop or bundled services available to customers, such as Architecture Review, Project Governance and Delivery Review, and Upgrade Review.
You have to be a member of Partnersource but you read about it here on the main Sure Step page
You can Download and Install Sure Step 2012 and a word of warning, the download links are on the right side at the top. It took me quite a few minutes to find the link.
Also it’s pretty big at over 300 megabytes.