The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Sustained Engineering (SE) team released Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 5 on Tuesday, October 25, 2011.
The links below point to important information about Update Rollup 5:
- Microsoft Download Center: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b9dd0bd7-8b1f-45af-a5ae-ee73a07ec90c
- Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2567454
- Microsoft Update: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=2567454
This release also has some significant enhancements which has the CRM Q4 service update features
Dynamics CRM Q4 Service Update
Update Rollup 5 also contains the Dynamics CRM Q4 Service Update features. For more information about the Dynamics CRM Q4 Service Update features, visit the following Microsoft website:
- Improvements to Dialogs (i.e. Lookup and Date fields included)
- User Access Auditing
Release Channel Schedule
The resources available at these links will be active according to the following Release Channel Schedule:
- CRM Online Datacenter: October 18 to October 25, 2011
- Microsoft Download Center: October 25, 2011
- Microsoft Update: November 8, 2011
General Details about Update Rollup 5
- Update Rollup 5 cannot be uninstalled.
- Client packages installed manually by downloading the packages and running install will require administrative privileges. If the client packages are installed via the Windows Update (Microsoft Update) system, they will not require administrative privileges.
- For help with installation, please see the Installation Information section in KB2567454.