I have been using CRM 2011 for the past year and I now suddenly have a project which uses CRM 4 and it is very strange going back to CRM 4.
Even trying to build the plugin registration tool was totally different.
I tried adding the dll’s which is what you usually do in CRM 2011 but this didn’t work and it was complaining with this
The type or namespace name ‘CrmSdk’ could not be found
this was because you have to add web references rather than dll’s
- Double-click the PluginRegistrationTool.sln file to open the solution in Visual Studio 2008.
- In Solution Explorer, right-click References and select Add Web Reference.
- Add a Web reference to the Visual Studio project named CrmSdk that refers to your Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 server’s CrmService Web service. An example URL is http://localhost/mscrmservices/2007/CrmServiceWsdl.aspx.
- Add a Web reference named CrmSdk.Discovery that refers to your Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 server’s CrmDiscoveryService Web service. An example is http://localhost/mscrmservices/2007/AD/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx.
- Add a Web reference named MetadataServiceSdk that refers to your Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 server’s MetadataService Web service. An example is http://localhost/mscrmservices/2007/MetadataService.asmx.
- Compile the project by clicking Build Solution in the Build menu.