[tweetmeme source=”BenHosk” only_single=false]
if you read my previous blog post you will have seen that I finished the story by saying it had fixed everything. Well real life installing, uninstalling and configuring Microsoft CRM 2011 is rarely that straight forward.
I ended up with another error I had never seen and left me scratching my head
I have these parts which I copied into google
the service has not been started. (Exception from HRESULT:
What happened was half way through the reinstall/repair it fell over because it couldn’t stop one of the Web application pools.
I looked at the application pools in IIS and found this puzzling because they were already stopped. I tried stopping the CRM website, other app pools (quickly so the other apps wouldn’t know!!!)
nothing fixed it.
I then started the application pools and then pressed retry and the repair continued and finished with no problems!!
This time I really am up and running and everything is fixed