Well I was on linkedIn today and I saw someone had started a discussion mentioning a CRM 2011 exam. Oooh I thought, I hadn’t heard anything about the new CRM 2011 exams for so long I had stopped looking for information about it.
You can check for more details on the official page here. I have no idea how you upgrade from CRM 4 and it looks like they have a new course for you to go on.
here is the information. New test criteria includes Solutions, auditing, headers/footers on forms, charts and field level security
|About this Exam
This certification exam measures your ability to understand and articulate how to customize and configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 including configuring a Microsoft Dynamics CRM organizational structure, managing users & teams and security, customizing attributes and entities, customizing relationships and mappings, configuring auditing, managing forms & views and charts, and implementing a Microsoft Dynamics CRM solution.
|Exam Topics Covered
The following list includes the topic areas covered on this exam.
- Configuring a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Organizational Structure
- Managing Users & Teams and Security
- Customizing Attributes and Entities
- Customizing Relationships and Mappings
- Configuring Auditing
- Managing Forms, Views, and Charts
- Implementing a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Solution
|Skills Being MeasuredThis exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below.The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam.
Configuring a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Organizational Structure (15 percent)
Managing Users & Teams and Security (15 percent)
Apply entity-based and task-based privileges.
- This objective may include: differentiating between the two types of privileges
Apply the five types of access levels within the security roles.
- This objective may include: differentiating between the five types of access levels
- Create and configure new security roles.
- This objective may include: copying privileges and access levels from existing security roles; applying security roles to specific business units; assigning security roles to teams
Manage customization permissions.
- This objective may include: identifying the security rights necessary to customize Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Manage field security profiles.
- This objective may include: creating security profiles; managing field permissions
Create and maintain user accounts in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- This objective may include: adding single users; adding multiple users; identifying characteristics associated with each user licensing option; adding users to roles
Create and maintain teams of users.
- This objective may include: creating teams; adding users to teams
Customizing Attributes and Entities (16 percent)
Customizing Relationships and Mappings (15 percent)
Configuring Auditing (9 percent)
- This objective may include: identifying actions that are audited; turning on auditing; setting auditing at the field level; selecting entities to be audited; implementing partitions
- Audit data and permissions.
- This objective may include: granting permission to configure auditing
Manage the audit log.
- This objective may include: examining the log; testing a customized form
Managing Forms, Views, and Charts (17 percent)
Implementing a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Solution (13 percent)
Implement, import, and export solutions.
- This objective may include: managed solutions; unmanaged solutions; importing errors; importing logs; importing and exporting appropriate system settings
Update a managed solution.
- This objective may include: configuring and implementing managed properties in solutions
|reparation Tools and ResourcesTo help you prepare for this exam, Microsoft Learning recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product and that you use the following training resources. These training resources do not necessarily cover all of the topics listed in the “Skills Measured” tab.
- 80294AE: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Customization and Configuration (18 Hours)