I caught a link the other day to a sample CRM Developer CV. Although the samples are very general they do give an insight to what recruitment consultants think should be on a CRM developers CV.
They are of interest to me not because I am looking for a job but because it gives me an idea of what areas I should be learning. I would say they are focused around CRM 4, so I would imagine CRM 2011 developers would also need to have the .NET 4 skills such as WCF, oData, Linq, Jquery and silverlight would also be beneficial. These are certainly some of the skills I have improved on since I have been developing with CRM 2011.
the main skills it lists as
These and the new ones I mentioned above would certainly cover all the knowledge you would need for a CRM developer. These are the core skills it would also be beneficial to have experience in Sharepoint development, particularly as SharePoint 2010 integrates very well with CRM 2011.
These are the core skills mentioned, they seem a bit non de script to me
- Design, customization, and implementation of Microsoft CRM 4.0.
- Coordination in Wireless Devices and Outlook CRM Laptop Client.
- Design and administration of SQL Server Database.
- Integrations with Great Plains, SharePoint, Scribe, Web Services, and BizTalk.
I was interested to see how they described the skills they had picked up at work, quite well written, not a great deal of detail but to the point and this is what employers want, they want a quick tick of your skills and maybe an example. All the CV is really going to do is get you an interview and then at that point you can persuade them why you are perfect for the job.
Microsoft Crm Consultant
2004 to Present
Technical expert provides highly effective CRM application design skills to offer configuration, installation, customization and enhancement of CRM systems for small to mid-size firms.
- Custom installation and integration of MSCRM Outlook client.
- Incorporation of accounting systems (e.g., QuickBooks) into Microsoft 3.0 CRM.
- Design and implementation Microsoft CRM Architecture.
- Web 2.0 developments with Adobe Flex, Ajax, and SilverLight.
- Administration and design of SQL Server database.
- SQL Server 2000-2005, IIS, BizTalk 2006, Oracle,.NET 2.0/3.0, SharePoint 2007.
Here are the links to the Sample CV’s I found
CRM Developer CV’s