If you are doing any development in CRM 2011 you will at some point find yourself doing some Sharepoint 2010 integration work. CRM 2011 does help you a bit but you will also have to do some work to find out how SharePoint works and like a lot of things in CRM it can be tricky.
I saw this web page today which is an overview of the SharePoint 2010 Architecture
This is a nice and concise document and certainly one to bookmark for later, it could also be a suprise for some people who think SharePoint is a internet version of a company drive to store documents.
Summary: Learn about the architectures of Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, including the platform stack, the Microsoft ASP.NET-IIS integrated request pipeline, the server and client object models, and the execution process system for sandboxed solutions and farm solutions.
Applies to: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 | Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
Provided by: Ricky Kirkham, Microsoft Corporation
- Overview of SharePoint Foundation and SharePoint Server Architectures
- What Is SharePoint?
- SharePoint Development Platform Stack
- SharePoint as an ASP.NET-IIS Application
- SharePoint Configuration Stack
- SharePoint Deployment Models
- Process and Execution Trust Model
- Pages, Parsing, and Safe Mode
- Data Model, Data Management, and Query System
- Services and the Service Application Framework
- Site Definitions and Web Templates
- SharePoint Security
- Server Object Model in SharePoint
- Client Object Models in SharePoint
- Workflows in SharePoint
- Additional Resources