CRM plugin suddenly stopped working

A very unusual problem popped up this week and I have had something similar before, so I thought I would blog it down.

one minute my plugin was working fine and then the next day without anyone changing anything it suddenly stopped working.

I looked in the logs and found it there were some odd errors mentioned security rights but nothing obvious.

 

We then changed the registration of the plugin to another user and then it we found it worked.

what was going on.

After a bit more poking around we found that my users password had changed and the server had cached my old user details (I hadn’t logged off the server, tut tut) and it was basically a password conflict issue.

 

I have also seen problems where a password expires after 30 days, especially with users on servers.  It’s something to look out for if you have a mysterious sudden not working problem.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.