A consultant with excellent communication and client facing skills with a strong background in software development and a certified Java Programmer. Ability to work on own initiative and an enthusiasm to embrace new technologies. Excellent team player skilled at building strong team environments and fostering open communications. First class analytical and problem solving skills, along with a motivated attitude to work.
Age – 31
Driving Licence: Full
PROFESSIONAL & ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
2006 SUN – Sun Certified Java Programmer (1.5)
2005 SUN – Certified Associate for Java Platform
1996 – 2000 University of Gloucestershire B.Sc.(Hons.) Business Information Technology Major and Business Management Minor. Degree attained 2:2
1989 – 1996 Northgate High School and Sixth Form College, Ipswich
A Levels: Business Studies(D), Computer Science(D),History(D)
AS Levels: Government & Politics(B), General Studies(D)
GCSE’s : 1A, 3B, 5C, 1D
CRIMSON SOFTWARE (Apr 2007 – Present)
Business Objects Consultant – Midlands Co-op Society Ltd (July 2008 – present)
Responsible for writing Payroll and HR reports based on iTrent software. This involved updating and liaising with the business to gather requirements for reports in the areas of Timesheets, pensions, Tax and Employee HR information. I was the sole report writer for the Gold project a system currently being implemented in all the Co-op stores UK wide. I created reports from specifications and then progressing the reports in areas such sales, promotions and stocks to successfully being used business users.
Developer (Apr 2007 – June 2007)
During this time I also worked on a 2 month project of maintaining a Business Objects Universe and writing several reports for the Campina project after self learning Business Objects. Helped to install and configure Microsoft Dynamics 4 internally for Crimson and am currently studying for the Microsoft Dynamics 4 Applications certification
Dotted eyes ltd, Bromsgrove (march 2005- May 2007)
Java Developer (Mar 2005 – May 2007)
The role involved direct customer contact, providing consultation, requirements gathering, installation of software and proving technical support to customers. Customer projects and development framework functionality involved using OO Design and analysis using UML to assist the creation of project plans and time scales.
Finmatica Mercia, Birmingham (June 2000-January 2005)
Software Developer (Oct 2002 – Jan 2005)
The development role consisted of programming reports in Jasper reports in Java, J2EE (mainly JSP’s and JBDC) and Oracle PL/SQL whilst required knowledge of the browser-client, web-tier architecture and Oracle RDBMS. The role involved the development of new functionality and working with the Planning team on functional specifications.
Helpdesk Analyst (Jun 2000 – Oct 2002)
I worked on the helpdesk supporting supply chain software, the role involved first line helpdesk support, bug fixing, logging, resolving customer problems to tight deadlines.
ADVENT PUBLISING SYSTEMS, SWINDON (July 1998 – Aug 1999) – Helpdesk Analyst (July 1998 – Aug 1999)
· Web servers: OC4J, Tomcat, Oracle Application Server
· J2EE : Struts, Spring, Hibernate
· IDE’s: Eclipse, NetBeans, Textpad, Ultraedit , PL/SQL Developer, DreamWeaver, Business Objects Web Intelligence, Business Objects Desktop Intelligence
· RDBMS: Oracle 8i, 9i 10g. SQL Server, PostgresSQL
· Source Control – Subversion, CVS, Tortoise, SourceSafe
· BI : Business Objects XI Release 2, CRM Dynamics 4
· A sound appreciation of Object Oriented design.
· An excellent awareness of the complete software lifecycle.
· Experience of running small projects.
· First-rate research and development ability.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills through customer focused support.
· A flexible attitude to work in both the individual and team environment.
· Good sense of humour with an ability to create a pleasant working atmosphere.
· A willingness to work hard to see the job through.
· An ability to adapt to new situations.
· Self motivated and keen for continuous self-development in all aspects of training.
· An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
INTERESTS AND LEISURE ACTIVITIES
I enjoy playing numerous sports and keep fit and healthy regularly playing football in the week and on for Sutton Coldfield on Saturdays for over 6 years. I am also a Black Tag in Taekwondo and train regularly. Outside of sport I enjoy reading, music and discussing all of the above with friends in the pub on weekends
References available on request